Fortnite has a new set of challenges and legendary quests to complete for Season 5, Week 9. You can get an early look at the leaked challenges below. You won’t be able to start grinding away at these quests until Thursday, January 28, but stick with us for a quick rundown of each challenge, including how to shakedown an IO guard, where to find the hidden bunkers, and where to find the crashed plane’s black box.
Fortnite Season 5, Week 9 Epic Quests – 140,000 XP
- Shakedown an IO Guard – 0/1 (20,000 XP)
- Find a hidden bunker??? – 0/1 (20,000 XP)
- Find the crashed plane’s black box – 0/1 (20,000 XP)
- Deal damage while in water – 0/200 (20,000 XP)
- Emote at stone statues – 0/1 (20,000 XP)
- Ride the Steamy Stacks – 0/1 (20,000 XP)
- Deal damage to a Loot Shark – 0/1 (20,000 XP)
Fortnite Season 5, Week 9 Legendary Quests – 143,000 XP
- Shakedown Opponents 0/5 (55,000 XP)
- Shakedown Opponents 0/10 (22,000 XP)
- Shakedown Opponents 0/15 (22,000 XP)
- Shakedown Opponents 0/20 (22,000 XP)
- Shakedown Opponents 0/25 (22,000 XP)
Shakedown an IO Guard
IO Guards are hostile NPCs that spawn near Elevators around the island. To complete the “shakedown an IO Guard” challenge, you’ll have to locate and knock down an IO Guard, then perform a shakedown when they’re downed. They have 250 Shield and 100 Health and can be pretty tough to take out since they spawn in groups.
Elevators can spawn at 20 different locations around the map. Refer to the map provided by dataminer Mang0e below.