The first season of Fortnite Chapter 2 had been expected to already come to a close, but Epic opted to extend Season 1 into February. We know when the new season will start, as Epic has confirmed the release date for Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2 is coming on Thursday, February 20.
Epic shared the news in a post on Fortnite’s website, offering a very vague, redacted teaser. It states, “Season 2 will feature [redacted] with multiple [redacted]. We can’t brief you on all of next Season’s secrets just yet…”
The studio also announced that it will introduce new Overtime challenges in the meantime, as well as a two-week event to keep players occupied in the waning days of Season 1. No details were shared yet, but those will be coming soon.
We have an update on Chapter 2 – Season 1 and when to expect the next season.
Read more: https://t.co/RkuJetQKEe
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) January 24, 2020
Beyond when to expect Season 2 and the new Season 1 content, Epic also shared that the 11.50 update is set to be released in early February. A major component of this patch will involve a move to the Unreal Engine’s Chaos physics engine, although it seems this will be tested in a limited fashion initially.
“At launch, the goal is to ensure that Fortnite still feels like Fortnite,” Epic explained. “Along the way there will be some bumps, so we’re starting tests with a small group of players. We’ll also closely monitor feedback and make improvements over time.”
- Fortnite Workshop, Crackshot’s Cabin, And Mr. Polar Locations Guide
- Fortnite Snowflake Decoration Locations (Winterfest Challenge Guide)
- Fortnite Ice Box Locations: Where To Search Ice Boxes (Winterfest Challenge)
- Fortnite: Where To Search Hidden XP Drop In Chaos Rising Loading Screen
- Fortnite Hidden E Location Guide: Where To Search Letter E In The Dive Loading Screen
Go to Source
Author: Chris Pereira