Earlier, reports emerged suggesting that the Obi-Wan Disney Plus series, announced last August, was running into problems. Insiders close to the project said that the series was on indefinite hold, and that crew was being sent home. Now, the series’ star has dismissed the rumors that this had anything to do with the show’s quality.
The Disney Plus series will see Ewan McGregor return to the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi, which he previously played in the Star Wars prequel trilogy. GameSpot managed to catch up with Ewan McGregor at an event promoting the upcoming Birds of Prey, which he stars in as bad guy Roman Sionis, aka Black Mask. Naturally, we asked him about what’s happening with the Obi-Wan series, and he denied that anyone was unhappy with the scripts.
“We just pushed to the beginning of next year,” McGregor says, adding that “the scripts were really good,” and that he had seen “90% of the writing.”
There’s all this bullshit about creative differences and all that stuff, none of it true,” he says, commenting directly on the rumors. He “None of it’s true; they just pushed the dates…they wanted more time to read the stuff that had been written, and they felt like they wanted to do more work on it.” Everything is, McGregor says, “less dramatic” than the initial news made it seem.
He says they’ll start shooting in January 2021, and they don’t want to move the release date–which has not been officially announced.
The Obi-Wan series follows on from The Mandalorian, the first original Star Wars series to come to Disney Plus. A new series of The Clone Wars is also coming to the service on February 21.
We’ll continue to follow this as it develops.
Go to Source
Author: James O’Connor