A new job listing posted by Naughty Dog says the developer is looking for someone with a background in PC programming to join the team working on the upcoming PlayStation 4 exclusive The Last of Us Part II.
The job listing is for a graphics programmer who will join Naughty Dog’s rendering team to “develop and implement new and existing rendering techniques” for The Last of Us Part II. The successful applicant will need either console or PC programming experience, and have a thorough understanding of current GPU architectures and experience with APIs.
Here’s the full list of requirements and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong math skills with an emphasis in 3D math
- Strong knowledge of C and C++ programming languages
- Thorough understanding of current GPU architectures (AMD GCN, NVIDIA CUDA)
- Experience with DirectX12, Vulkan or other modern graphics or compute APIs
- Experience with HLSL/GLSL or other equivalent shader languages
- Console or PC programming experience
- Passion for playing and developing exceptional games
A single job listing isn’t concrete proof of anything, but after Kotaku reported that PS4 exclusive Horizon Zero Dawn is on its way to PC, it might not be completely outlandish to suggest another Sony-owned developer could release a game on the platform.
If that is the case, don’t expect a PC release anytime soon. For those who own a PS4, The Last of Us Part II is set to launch on May 29.
Go to Source
Author: Richard Wakeling