Tokyo Game Show 2019 is underway, and one of the first major events was the PlayStation Presents Live Show. The show started strong with a gameplay demonstration featuring none other than Hideo Kojima’s much-anticipated new game, Death Stranding.
The show was broadcast live, and a replay should be available shortly for you to watch. We saw and learned a lot about Death Stranding from the new gameplay video, which included an epic boss battle with some kind of terrifying otherworldly beast.
Here are some other things we learned in the extended gameplay presentation:
- The motorcycle that Norman Reedus’ character rides in the game is a collaboration with Triumph, the motorcycle company that Reedus is a fan of in real life.
- You can get a harmonica, and the baby in the baby pod likes it when you play it.
- Carrying around luggage is a bit part of the game.
- You can drop your luggage if you’re not careful, or if you slip on rocks or fall into water.
- You can drop or deposit items to move faster and turn easier.
- Items left by other human players can be seen in your game world.
- There is a Bola gun that kills enemies through a lasso mechanic.
- The map includes a topographical option that shows hills and valleys and water.
- Markers can be placed on the map to help you find your way.
- Main character Sam can take time to chill out and relax; in the game we saw Sam enjoying nature, and there were prompts that showed he could give himself a massage or even nap.
- Sam can also take baths to recharge his energy.
- To make things easier, Sam can use a “Floating Carrier” which hovers in the air behind him
- Sam can also ride this carrier, and that’s pretty cool.
- Sam can drink Monster Energy drinks to restore Stamina; really he can.
Just recently, Kojima said, “Even now, I don’t understand the game.” He added: “Its world view, gameplay, they are all new. My mission is to create a genre that does not currently exist, and which takes everyone by surprise. There is, naturally, a risk in that.”
— Nibel (@Nibellion) September 12, 2019
Death Stranding’s release date has been confirmed as November 8, 2019 for PS4.
Go to Source
Author: Eddie Makuch