Disney could take full control of Hulu, but that doesn’t mean subscribers’ favorite shows disappear

Disney currently owns about 70 percent of Hulu, but Disney CEO Bob Iger confirmed today that preliminary conversations with Comcast to purchase the remaining roughly 30 percent are underway. On the business side of things, that means Disney could finally expand Hulu into international territory without input from Comcast. Content wise, there are obvious questions about what Disney owning 100 percent of Hulu means for the future of content owned by WarnerMedia (AT&T) and NBCUniversal (Comcast) on the platform.

Iger couldn’t get into specifics, but based on the few answers he did give, there’s a good chance most of subscribers’ favorite shows will still be available on Hulu. Iger told investors that when WarnerMedia, owned by AT&T, sold…

Continue reading…

Go to Source
Author: Julia Alexander