It’s just hours before WWE’s next PPV, Hell in a Cell, and it’s looking like this event will be a little bit shorter than previous ones, as there are only eight matches in total on the card, including the one on the Kickoff Show. The event will be coming to you live from the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas. Competitors will be locked in a gigantic chain-linked enclosure and have to duke it out. Many times, the fight explodes out of the cell, and for some reason, the superstars climb to the top of it, and someone falls or jumps off the top. It’s terrifying. As of this writing, there are two Hell in a Cell matches, and there may be even more.
The event will air on PPV and the WWE Network at 4 PM PT / 7 PM ET / 12 AM BST (Sept. 17). Just like every PPV, there will more than likely be a Kickoff Show before the main card starting one hour prior. There will be at one match on the pre-show.
Almost every year, fans remain on the edge of their seats as WWE superstars perform in the enclosed structure, then break out, climb to the top, and almost kill themselves jumping off of it. Considering that Jeff Hardy is fighting Randy Orton in the cell this year, that may mean Hardy will swanton off the top, and fans will collectively have a heart attack.
It’s still early, but there have been a few matches already booked for the card, outside of Hardy/Orton. Brie Bella–who I thought was on Raw–teams up with her husband Daniel Bryan to take on Maryse and her husband The Miz. Both Miz and Bryan put on a fantastic match at Summerslam, so this should be a fun one. In additional, three title bouts have been booked. Former Raw Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss gets her rematch against Ronda Rousey, and hopefully, Rousey won’t ragdoll her around again like the squash match at Summerslam. There’s also both the WWE Championship and Universal Championship matches as well.
At the time of this writing, there are eight matches booked for the event, but you can expect this card to fill up exceptionally quickly in the next week or so, including matches for the United States Championship.
Hell in a Cell match card:
- The New Day (c) vs. Rusev & Aiden English (Smackdown Tag Team Championship) [KICKOFF SHOW]
- Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton (Hell in a Cell match)
- Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntrye (c) vs. Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose (Raw Tag Team Championship)
- Daniel Bryan & Brie Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse
- Charlotte (c) vs. Becky Lynch (Smackdown Women’s Championship)
- Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women’s Championship)
- AJ Styles (c) vs. Samoa Joe (WWE Championship)
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Braun Strowman (Hell in a Call match for the Universal Championship with Mick Foley as guest referee)
Make sure to come back to GameSpot on Sunday, September 16 for live coverage of the event.
Go to Source
Author: Mat Elfring
Powered by WPeMatico