If climbing up ladders in order to grab a briefcase containing a contract for a title shot gets you excited, then on Sunday, June 17, you’re in luck because there will be two matches at the Money in the Bank PPV that are just that! Superstars from both the Raw and Smackdown rosters will be competing in two of these ladder matches, one for the men and one for the women. Over the course of the evening, 10 matches will take place during the course of the PPV, including one during the Kickoff Show.
Money in the Bank comes to the WWE Network today at 7 PM ET / 4 PM PT, with the Kickoff Show starting one hour prior. The event takes place at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, IL. If you aren’t signed up for the WWE Network but still want to watch MITB, you can sign up for one month for free and cancel without any commitment to the streaming service.
There will be two MITB matches for the men and the women. Both matches will consist of eight superstars vying for the contract instead of the traditional six. The Miz is heavily favored to win according to Vegas betting odds on the men’s side and Natalya is for the women. Raw newcomer Ember Moon told GameSpot during an interview that she may be afraid of heights, but she is excited for the opportunity: “I’m ready to rise to that challenge, and it’s not going to deter me from getting that Money in the Bank contract.” Additionally, numerous titles are on the line, including the WWE Championship, which AJ Styles will defend, once again, against Shinsuke Nakamura in a Last Man Standing match, and we cover the history of this rivalry, which involves plenty of low blows, in the video above.
Here’s the match card:
- The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. The Good Brothers (For the Smackdown Tag Team Championship) – KICKOFF SHOW
- Daniel Bryan vs. Big Cass
- Nia Jax (c) vs. Ronda Rousey (For the Raw Women’s Championship)
- Carmella (c) vs. Asuka (For the Smackdown Women’s Championship)
- Roman Reigns vs. Jinder Mahal
- Bobby Lashley vs. Sami Zayn
- Seth Rollins (c) vs. Elias (For the Intercontinental Championship)
- AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship)
- Lana, Natalya, Alexa Bliss, Charlotte, Ember Moon, Becky Lynch, Naomi, and Sasha Banks (Money in the Bank match)
- Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens, Bobby Roode, Braun Strowman, The Miz, Rusev, Finn Balor, and one member of The New Day (Money in the Bank match)
In case you’re not caught up, don’t worry; we put the final results in spoiler blocks.
The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. The Good Brothers (For the Smackdown Tag Team Championship)
Luke Harper pinned Luke Gallows at 7:01.
Daniel Bryan vs. Big Cass
Go to Source
Author: Mat Elfring
Powered by WPeMatico