Following May’s first trailer for the upcoming game-to-film adaptation Assassin’s Creed, a new international teaser has been released. Check it out below (and yes, that Kayne West song is still in there):
Assassin’s Creed stars Michael Fassbender and is helmed by Justin Kurzel, who directed the actor in last year’s Macbeth. His Macbeth co-star Marion Cotillard will also appear, alongside Jeremy Irons, Brendan Gleeson, and Michael Kenneth Williams.
The film is based on Ubisoft’s action-adventure series, and the company have been heavily involved in its development. It has reported that a sequel is already in development, with Fassbender on board.
In a recent interview with Empire, Fassbender cited The Matrix as an inspiration for the film. “This idea of DNA memory elevates it from a basic fantasy genre [piece], because you have something an audience can actually believe in,” he said. “Then the journey becomes so much more elevated, because you’re on board in a different way.”
Assassin’s Creed hits theaters on December 21, 2016.
For more of GameSpot’s Assassin’s Creed coverage, check out:
- Watch Assassin’s Creed Movie First Trailer
- New Assassin’s Creed Poster Shows Fassbender Striking Iconic Pose
- Assassin’s Creed Movie Getting “VR Experience”
- Assassin’s Creed Movie Sequel Coming, Fassbender on Board – Report
- No New Assassin’s Creed in 2016 Benefits the Movie, Ubisoft Says
- New Assassin Creed Movie Images Showcase Michael Fassbender in Action
Go to Source
Author: Dan Auty
Powered by WPeMatico